Monday, March 12, 2012

Wow, I'm a bit behind here. I wanted to post about Kyle's birthday in February. Well, after a couple of weeks of sickness, time once again got away from me. Kyle has the distinct pleasure of being born just after Valentine's Day. We had a nice little party with Grandma, Grandpa, and Pep. Pep really enjoyed getting to see the kids, and it was good for the kids to spend time with him. Sadly, his alzheimer's has progressed, and we want to make sure the kids get to enjoy spending time with him. During he party, Kyle got the first taste of his cake (with a little help from Dad).
Of course, after he blew out the candles, Kyle ate the piece he stuck his finger in.
I know it sounds cliche-ish, but I can't believe Kyle is already 8 years old. I was just looking through his baby pictures the other day, planning to finally scrapbook them. I had forgotten what a cute chubby baby he was. Only 2 of my babies have been born with thick, black hair, and Jarod lost his when he was about 4 months old. And Kyle is the only one of the bunch to have inherited his daddy's dimples. He's simply the cutest thing ever.
To my sweet, inquisitive Kyle, happy birthday. Thank you for everything you do to help me around the house. I love your desire to be a great big brother. We are so happy God blessed us with you in our family.

No comments: